Appian shares a few stats for 2018:
- Traditional industries will be hit hard by emerging technology in 2018
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) will dramatically transform knowledge tasks. 100 million global knowledge workers could be impacted by RPA by 2025
- With cloud computing expected to surge from $67B to $162B by 2020, the gap between startup and large companies will shrink faster than ever
- in 2020, AI will become a net job creator, creating 2.3M jobs while eliminating 1.8M jobs. Net job creation will vary by industry, with manufacturing experiencing the biggest impact.
- Global spending on digital transformation technology will surge to $1.2 trillion this year, and hit 2 trillion by 2020, according to IDC